An art class for all beginners. I take you step-by-step through the process of creating an abstract painting. It doesn't matter if you "can't even draw stick figure" I break down process of painting and make it super easy. But at the same time, this is not a class where I draw a line, you draw a line. There's plenty of room for freedom and creative interpretation.
- Art supplies for abstract painting
- Layer 1 - painting from your abstract sketch (2:35)
- Layer 2 - layering shapes (2:03)
- Layer 3 - adding varying shapes and colors (2:50)
- Layer 4 - adding contrast (2:22)
- Layer 5 - more contrast (1:19)
- New perspective (0:53)
- Negative space + texture (3:18)
- Finish your painting (1:50)
Sup. I'm Chelsea. I've been painting and creating basically forever.
Making art is not as hard as you think. You just need to know where to start. I'm here to guide you so a blank canvas is not intimidating. I give you step-by-step instructions for creating your painting, but also enough freedom that you can find your own artistic flow.
Learn how to find inspiration images you will later use to paint your abstract piece.
Learn how to see things abstractly and sketch.
Create an abstract painting while learning the basics of contrast, composition, color, and more.